Friday, July 23, 2010

Dreams Bring Freedom

In my previous post I challenged you not to let any difficult circumstances you may know keep you from looking to the future with hope. I asked you to have the courage to dream in whatever place you find yourself. I was not asking you to disregard the circumstances you know.Rather, I find that, if we let them, the circumstances we know can influence our hopes and dreams for the better. It is not our circumstances that make us who we are, but how we choose to deal with them. I promised to tell you some of my hopes and dreams. In considering them I saw that they coincide with the circumstances I know. First, I dream of helping people with disabilities to accomplish their goals and see for themselves that they contribute a great deal to the world. My desire to do this comes, at least partially ,from the fact that I have Cerebral Palsy. I feel well equipped to help others facing similar situations. Second, I dream of writing books.I have always had a love for the written word, because it allows one to express thoughts and feelings more freely than if they were spoken. I do not know whether I would rather write a novel or a self-help book- perhaps both would be fun. Either way, that would happen in the very distant future. I will not discount this dream, however, for I believe that one should hold on to a dream for as long as it remains. Never give up or let yourself think you will not accomplish your dreams. Circumstances can change, as can dreams,but one thing will remain true- Dreams bring freedom of heart and mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment